MSc, BSc (Hons), MBACP, MBPsS
It’s now that, with my compassionate warmth and gentle sensitivity, I offer a welcoming space for adults and young people to explore their life experiences. A place in which people can feel safe and ready to make sense of their thoughts and feelings, as they embrace their journey of healing and find their own peace of mind. And with someone that adults and young people can trust to be on their side, value their life experiences and see things from their point of view.
Working with young people
I find it a huge privilege to help young people achieve positive change in their lives and view the future with new-found optimism. It’s all too common that I meet young people who feel uncertain about themselves, lost or isolated, and let down by the world around them. I’m proud to help these young people start valuing themselves as they begin talking about their issues, dealing with their problems, and feeling more confident about leading a fulfilling life.
Offering valuable support for people with special needs
I’ve considerable experience of supporting adults and young people with special needs, both as a counsellor and a care worker. And I continue to be inspired by those who meet the challenges of life with such courage and determination. I feel grateful for the opportunity to create a safe place where people with special needs can feel heard and find stability. And it’s with immense joy that I see them becoming more confident in themselves and able to move forwards.
- MSc Counselling Psychology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychology
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling
- BSc (Hons) Psychology.
As part of my MSc in Counselling Psychology, I undertook much-needed research into working with addiction.
You can read my thesis here: Getting to know the score A heuristic study of problem gambling
- Counselling for depression
- Impacts and issues of depression
- Counselling for anxiety
- Interventions for use with bereavement and loss
- Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Identity, inclusivity and sexual diversity
- Working with people who have been abused
- Awareness of child abuse and neglect
- Safeguarding children online
- Interventions for drug and alcohol addiction
- Why we self-harm
- When does self-care become self-harm?
- What is eating distress?
- Assessment of suicide risk
- Suicide prevention
- Working with clients with a learning disability
- Autism awareness
- Communicating with adults with learning difficulties
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Working with dignity in health and social care
- Working with refugees, asylum seekers and vulnerable migrants
- Spirituality in the counselling room
- Spirituality, faith and counselling
- Working briefly
- Safe administration of medicines in the workplace.
Memberships of regulatory bodies
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- British Psychological Society (BPS).
I’ve also been granted an Enhanced Certificate of Clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Organisations that I work in partnership with
- Counselling in emergency response
- Believe to Achieve, Wolverhampton
- Birmingham Children’s Trust, Bimingham
- Black Country Partnership (NHS Foundation), West Bromwich
- Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust, Dudley
- Eastfield Strengthening Families Hub, Wolverhampton
- Moving Minds, London
- Northern House School (Pupil Referral Unit), Wolverhampton
- Penn Manor Medical Centre, Wolverhampton
- Prestwood Road Medical Centre, Wolverhampton
- Talent Match (Prince’s Trust), West Bromwich
- The What? Centre, Stourbridge
- University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton
- White House Cancer Support, Dudley
- Wombourne Special Needs Support Group (WINGS), Wombourne.
Please feel welcome to contact me by completing the enquiry form
I look forward to hearing from you